My family member had dx of left later tongue cancer (T2N1M0) in January 2005 followed by surgery with clear margins in March and chemoradiation (35 tx and 4 ciplatin doses). Treatments ended in July 2005. Has had a g-tube since July and no eating by mouth.

Been seeing the ENT, radiation and chemo oncologist regularly. Last CT scan of head/neck and chest was in late November. ENT says it was normal. A videoscope exam of the back of the tongue and throat area was done within the last two months and no sign of cancer just lots of thick mucus.

But since tx ended, my family member does not seem to be improving but actually getting somewhat worse. Symptoms are lots of thick mucus which causes gagging and vomiting, loss of weight, lots of pain in the tongue, lately no energy to do anything and now daily cold sweats. According to the ENT there still lots of mucositis in the mouth and plus remaining scar tissues on the left side of the tongue. He does not seem concerned.

The mouth/tongue pain is still severe and to control it we are using a 100 microgram fentynal patch plus morphine. Plus using Robitiussin for the mucus.

We are getting worried. I would appreciate any comments or help wih regard to these symptoms and what else we could do.

CG to wife;
Jan 2005 DX SCC Tongue T2N1MO; RND surgery Mar 2005; 35 XRT and 4 cisplatin completed Jul 2005.
Dec 2006 tongue surgery, Scar tissue no cancer.
Feb 2010 neck node FNA - negative.
2010 ORN right jaw plus fracture
2015 ORN left jaw plus fracture
Feb 2016 Lower jaw reconstruction by Fibula free flap+titanium plate - Permanent G-tube
June 2016 Difficulty breathing - Permanent Trachea tube
Dec 2019 DX Cervical cancer - Stage 1 - Surgery Jan 16 2020.
15-20 esophagus/larynx dilations