Hi Brian:

Somehow I knew there was a catch in the idea and I suspected the almighty dollar might be a factor!

So, being that this is a grass roots organization that is doing an amazing service, maybe we need a grass roots approach to tackling this issue. You hoped for a monster and now you have one..so let's figure out how to use our size and strength to maximum benefit.

Could we poll the crew of posting regulars and see if the idea of live chat is appealing? If so, maybe we could each contribute a set amount to get the project up and rolling(those that can-no pressure)? Dave also wondered if the chat could be linked to an AOL chat room which might be cheaper?

I'm not one for advocating membership fees, but I'm wondering if that will be a necessary step as the OCF evolves?

It is clear the service you are doing (the new reconstructive component sound awesome!) is incredible.I look forward to visiting this site every day and it is sustaining me through the recovery process. I look to you as a guru and recognize the valiant efforts you make daily to provide support and information to us that is cuttting edge.

But, maybe it doesn't have to be just you anymore-tell us what is needed and maybe some of us could volunteer to help in small ways that would increase the cummulative effect. Oh god, radiation terms again- I don't mean the bad kind of cummulative effect-you can see what's on my mind these days!)

Just some thoughts as the dialogue continues. Let's hear from others!

Kim

kcdc
Wife of Dave,diagnosed with Stage III Tonsillar SCC,August '02
Modified radical neck dissection followed by radiation therapy
'There is glory and radiance in the darkness and to see we have only to look"