It's a great idea, and it has been on the table for a while. The first issue was to ensure that we had a population of regular visitors who would actually use it, and I believe that we have reached that point. The second would be to initially set up a weekly meeting, (not that it couldn't be used by anyone at anytime, but this is also a function of the type of software we can afford to buy and put on our servers). Lastly, we have to pay for it. It has been a function of $$$$$, since the software to run it doesn't grow on trees, and decisions had to be made regarding what was the most important thing to accomplish first. For instance, we are just about ready to put up a very complete section of the web site on reconstruction after surgery, with the assistance of the doctors at the UCLA Maxillofacial Clinic. I felt this was important, and their wealth of cases and images would answer a lot of questions. Building a whole new section of the OCF site after writing it all will cost about $5k. To put this into perspective, OCF has received $250.00 in donations in the last 6 months. While we now receive about a million hits a month (80% from the US, and last month the remaining 20% from 76 different countries) on the site, the number of individuals who are actually willing to financially support the effort is actually quite small. I guess it's one of those why buy the cow when the milk is free kinda things...... Chester our webmaster will be back in a week from the east coast, and I will have him begin to explore in detail the logistics of it all and the costs. Maybe Santa will bring OCF something this year, like a corporate sponsor, or perhaps a benevolent individual.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.