Heavy sigh........
Thanks for all the helpful advice. Certainly is easier to absorb it all here than sitting in a medical office with nerves blocking your grasp of all that is being said.
I am very relieved that the nutrition needs are covered - I had already purchase some Boost and Ensure (he couldn't stand the taste) and was getting chills thinking of the expense THAT was going to be.
He's just not feeling well at all today - and I think he's only gotten 3 cans down. He says it is all 'gurgling' and I can hear it...so I'm wondering if he might be taking in too much at a time. I suggested he slow down the delivery rate...? He also had a bout of diarrhea today, and I think that is from taking it in too fast,too.

OK, I'm exhausted, so I'll go to bed now. Is it inappropriate for me to mention that I think the worst thing about the PEG is that it makes cuddling difficult, and both of us need a lot of that right now? I'm not one to use ugly language, but this part really s--ks.

Love you all!
Nicki

PS: WHAT IS A PORT (TPN)?????

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.