Again, all the 'mind-prep' I went through ahead of time was mostly for naught.....I had to ask Tom's brother to drive us today for the radiation and PEG placement. I was too queasy to be sure of myself, and I knew I'd worry about Tom's comfort on the long drive home.
All seems to have gone well; I THINK I understand all the instructions!
We've been given a huge supply of "Jevity 1.5," with instructions to work up to 7 cans a day. Tom's been listed as "Moderately Malnourished," I guess because his weight is down to about 135
frown This is most distressing to me - just too skinny and his rock-hard arms and legs are gone - - plus he's got nothing left to SIT ON!!!

I guess this is where the real fight begins......God give us strength.

I've been searching through old posts and finding so much great info on the PEG, nutrition, etc. YOu all are just the best.

As always, you are in our prayers daily. With all the recent horrific events in the world, Tom and I still feel blessed and lucky, in relative terms, to be in the situation we find ourselves.
Nicki

Nicki, wife of Thomas
dx July 2004, SCC, Stage 4 Tonsil. Tx begun 8/4/04. Cisplatin/Xeloda x 4; IMRT 7 wks, 8/7 - 10/25/04 Modified Radical Dissection (right), Selective Dissection (Left) 12/10/04.