Hi Nicki,

I had my PEG installed before my surgery. I lost about 25 lbs. in 10 days. When I got home after 7 days in the hospital I was inputting a minimum of 8 cans of Jevity per day. Two cans at a time with one packet of Carnation Instant milk.(Choc)
This added about 400 calories per day plus the two thousand from the Jevity. Had no problems, never threw up once. I gained back 20 lbs in about 6 weeks. The problem was it was all in the belly. I am a small man to begin with so I didn't have alot to lose. I injected the food into the tube with a syringe.
Also my insurance company paid for all the Jevity
and syringes. If Tom needs to eat this way have the Doctor prescribe the food. You should not have to pay for this stuff.

Tom should start eating soft foods as soon as he can. I waited a little to long and I had to have my mouth opening widened. The old adage "Use it or Lose it" I went through PT for this and also used a therybyte device.

Hope all continues to go well with Tom's treatment,

Love Ya, Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006