gita:

I so much agree. we had to go through my husband's heart surgery without insurance, and I would have to tell my husband he was not to answer the phone or open any bills if he wanted his heart to heal.

in those days - 5 years ago - we were able to get most bills down to $25.00 a month - we are still making payments. I hope hospitals & doctors are still willing to do this. I did find out that it is better to talk to them rather than trying to hide, but I would suggest that somebody other than the patient do the talking, unless he/she feels able to remain calm. There are social workers at the cancer facilities who can help.

I am from Finland, and find it very hard to believe that Americans are not feeling stronger about public health care. I have decent insurance now, and am very grateful that I don't have the indecent worry on my mind that we had to live with when Bill was recovering. But I still know what you mean about credit cards etc., Gary. They all come after you and don't quit. You get to where you are glad when the phone gets turned off, because the creditors can't call any more.

Leena

scc right tonsil T1N1M0, right tonsillectomy + modified neck dissection 3/04, radiation IMRT both sides X33 ended 6/04.
Also had renal cell carcinoma, left kidney removed 11/04