Hi Fran, you seem to be having a similar problem as I have. Namely that too little stretching causes problems and too much stretching also causes problems (sometimes worse) In my case if I try to massage the area, that too will make it almost unbearable. For me it is better to very gently stretch quite frequently during the day. Invest in a good pillow or none at all at night. I usually know as soon as I wake up whether my neck is going to be a pain or not. It is very much agravated by stress and seems to run in 3week intervals 3 weeks good and 1 week bad (I am sure that is going to sound crazy) I have Diazepam for the really bad days. That together with regular asprin works most of the time. Sometimes it is so bad it turns into a headache that lasts for days.

From another cold part of the world just down hill from you. smile

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.