Hi Nicki, I can relate to being in a state of "ready to vomit." I've been there all week after my chemo treatment on Monday. It's just now subsiding today... It seems like I actually do better when I can get something on my stomach, but then there's the challenge -- getting something down in the first place...

Anyway, the radiation is pretty rough for most if they do it to the mouth, but it's not undoable. A lot of us, including me, have been through it and have lived to tell about it. I was eating pretty normally a couple months after I was done... Fortunately, the effects don't come on you right at first and you have a few weeks (usually) to "belly up to the buffet" and get in good nutrition before it gets too rough...

Make sure to get paid meds lined up ahead of time (before Tom needs them) and as soon as he starts taking any of them, take countermeasures for constipation -- that was actually one of the toughest things for me. I've never whimpered more in my life than a couple of instances in December and January when the system got stopped up... Whew... IT could have been prevented if someone would have told me to stay on top of it...

We're always here if you need it... Best wishes to you both!!

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.