Dear Vin,

If you read "CA has reoccurred", you will see that sometimes things are turning for the bad and sometimes they don't. I am the CG of David and I too was and still is completely chattered by what we are going through, by what is happeneing to David ansd consequently to us. We have 3 children aged, 7, 11 and 13 so despair is really around the corner...actually it is right in our face!!!

Enjoy your holidays to the max but please, please be strong for your wife because SHE is the one who needs you NOW. She is the one who is going through the worst. It doesn't mean that it is easier for us as CG but we have our physical health. As CG we too have to go through the drama but NOW SHE needs you to be strong, to be there for her and if you have a family to look after, SHE needs to know she can count on you so she can put ALL her energy to get better. YOU MUST be the "rock" as you said earlier.

You must find a well where you will be able to reach for extra energy and strengh; prayers? god? friends? family? sports? medication? what ever works for you!!! For me, it is my children, my friends (some family members are included in this circle) work and sports. There is no good or bad answer. It is what makes you regain your hope, your courage and your energy!!! Did I mentionned, Pinot Noir from Hawkes Bay .... outloud???

heaps of love to you and your wife

Wife of David, 44yo, SCC-BOT-R) mod. rad. ND in Jan 06. 35x standard RT from Feb-April 06. Recur on L) side same level in Sept 06 with mod rad ND. 1/48 node positive SCC + 1/48 positive micropapillary carcioma consistant with thyroid CA.