Vin, I know it has been a real struggle for your wife to get back to normal--and she's on about the same timetable I am (I was also diagnosed in Jan 05) so I was really sad to read this news. You still don't know yet that it is cancer--all you've been told is it's something they want to check out further so I think you should try to try to brace for the worst but not assume it's a definite yet.

Beyond that, I don't have any wise advice since I know I'd be devastated and very worried in your shoes as well. Try to be good to each other, though, in the middle of all this. Your depression over the news can't be helpful to your wife right now, who must be very very scared. I know you hae the strength in you to be her caretaker again should she need it--my thoughts are with you. Please come back and let us know whatever the results are!

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"