Hi Nelie.

Thank you for your reply as I appreciate it. I hope you are doing well.

I took my wife to see our RO last Wednesday because she had been complaining about the pain and the bump she was now feeling on her tongue at the original tumor spot. The RO said that it was a cause for concern and sent someone from his office to get our ENT/surgen who is in the next door building so that the ENT could also look ay this. Unfortunately, due to the Thanksgiving holiday the ENT was already gone since it was late in the day.

We are going to see our ENT/surgen this week and we hope for good news else we are going to tak care of this immediately. Both our ENT/surgeon and his collegue surgeon at our CCC are internationally known for their surgical abilities and the treatment of head and neck cancers so we have the best team of doctors taking care of us and we feel good about that.

I took me a couple days to get over the intial shock of the possible bad news but I regained my composure and I intent to be a "rock" for my wife and to take care of her to the best of my abilities as I have already done with our previous bought with cancer.

She is concerned and worried as I am but she is hoping for the best. Actualy she handled this alot better that I did. I told her that I am here for her no matter what and she knows that.

It is amazing that she had a CT scan the first week of November and it was all clear. She saw the ENT that same week who looked at and felt the tongue area where the original tumor was and he did not find anything wrong although he said that the pain was due to the tongue being inflamed. The bump on the tongue showed up last week almost overnight. Anyway it is still possible that this could be nothing serious so we are hopeful.

CG to wife;
Jan 2005 DX SCC Tongue T2N1MO; RND surgery Mar 2005; 35 XRT and 4 cisplatin completed Jul 2005.
Dec 2006 tongue surgery, Scar tissue no cancer.
Feb 2010 neck node FNA - negative.
2010 ORN right jaw plus fracture
2015 ORN left jaw plus fracture
Feb 2016 Lower jaw reconstruction by Fibula free flap+titanium plate - Permanent G-tube
June 2016 Difficulty breathing - Permanent Trachea tube
Dec 2019 DX Cervical cancer - Stage 1 - Surgery Jan 16 2020.
15-20 esophagus/larynx dilations