Regarding the thyroid issue-they did leave a part behind which will be removed this October, followed by Radioactive Iodine? So maybe that is why he's not on the meds you mentioned. To be honest with you all, it seems like we were dealing more with the treatments, going back in the hospital (no PEG), ER visits that it was kind of difficult to keep up with everything. His visits with the endocrinologist seem like they were ok; I just didn't realize what a difference a partial thyroidectomy vs complete was. Thanks for the help with knowing what to ask/look for at our next visit which is in two weeks with the radiologist.
As to the mental aspect, thank you David,Anne-Marie,Caregiver in Fla. I am so happy to hear that even a few months make a difference. I think he was disappointed because he made some strides after about 2 months post tx but then hit a plateau so knowing that there is not just hope but genuine possibilities to make further progress is HUGE! Also, Anne-Marie, I am not even going to tell my husband that I am on this website just yet; I can understand the issues you felt with your son. I am just not "there" yet; I don't know how else to describe it. Thank you all again!!