My husband is 6 months post treatments; his PET & CAT scans have been clean (for now). I know recovery is different for everyone but is there a guideline for when one feels better? The ringing in the ears, the tingling in the extremities, the lack of taste (or everything tasting badly), not able to eat anything spicy (his throat "lights" up), the overall general weakness have not seemed to have abated at all. Also, he seems very depressed but won't join a group/take meds/talk to anyone. He seems somewhat consumed with the potential mortality of the situation and that he has no control. To survivors and caregivers, is there anything I can say/do to make any of this better? He seems to be irritated with me if I try to do too much or want to talk. He also seems to be pushing me away so that he is not a burden to me;I don't feel that way at all but he has always been very independent and I believe this has been a very humbling experience for him. Is this normal and is there anything that you would recommend that I do? Any thoughts would help.