Thank you to both of you for responding so quickly; I feel like I am so alone in all of this. Jam, he is not currently on any medication; is that something I should check into? I would also say to you, and I'm sure you know so much more than I do at this point, it's hard not to be an "over achiever" about someone you care about.

Thank you to the caregiver in Florida; it is SO hard to see the person you have loved for a long time, independent, etc. feel like their life has changed so dramatically.I wish so much to do something but your suggestions were perfect.

Have either of you found anything that either works to talk about or what to avoid (maybe you just take their lead?)? I thought I knew my husband well and it has actually been more difficult since the treatment ended and he got the news of what his "life" would be like than before. When we were in the "fight", he was willing to do it (the kids, etc.) Knowing that so many of the ailments could (not defintely) be permanent has been very hard. I think he thought if he could at least get to 6 months, life would be better.
Thank you so much for you help; I wish I had seen this website a year ago.