Cathy,
there are many reasons for people to have dry mouth; medications and diet top the list.

Examine all of the meds labeling for clues such as warnings, precautions and contraindications to see if that is a factor.

Be particulary aware of your salt intake. Pizza and soups, for example, tend to be very high in sodium.

Another factor could be if you breath through your mouth at night while sleeping.

Low humidity and exertion will also dry you out.

Like David mentioned I had IMRT and it took 18 months for salivary function to return. The right parotid, where the tumor was radiated to oblivion, does not function so my situation is not unlike yours that I have reduced salivary function. If I am watchful and aware about it I can lick postage stamps and envelopes.

I have used a humidifier for over 4 years now and it helps a little. Mine runs 24/7.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)