Colleen -- Biotene makes an entire product line (mouthwash, toothpaste, oral spray, gel, and gum) specifically designed for people with dry mouth problems. I've found them to be extremely helpful, as have many others here. They don't require a prescription, and most of the major drug stores have them. I've also found them at Costco -- not on the regular, bulk shelves but behind the pharmacy counter. I think they may also be available at Wal-Mart.

John C. -- in addition to some of the other suggestions above, if you haven't tried any of the medications made to increase saliva production, you might want to ask about them. I've been using Salagen (oral pilocarpine) for years, and it has definitely made a difference for me, although I know the results can vary from person to person. Another medication for this purpose is Evoxac (I don't know if there's a generic name), which I haven't tried, but quite a few people here have noticed real improvement with it.

Cathy

Tongue SCC (T2M0N0), poorly differentiated, diagnosed 3/89, partial glossectomy and neck dissection 4/89, radiation from early June to late August 1989