Hi Guys, thanks for all your comments and ideas. There seems to be a number of products out there that need to be investigated. Biotene gel, Mouth Kote and other mouth gels are available here but, in my case the effects last no more that 30mins.
Are there other Biotene products other than the gel, toothpaste, and chewing gum. Is the drug option, i.e. Salogen good. Are there side effects?.
A number of people have mentioned humidifiers. The west of Ireland is one big humidifier during the winter (might be an idea for a visit). A request to purchase one would certainly result in being taken away by the men in white coats!!!. I will check into it though.
I am working with a herbalogist over the last few weeks and I have had my first break trough in that I have had a number of 2-3hour stretches using a mixture of Orabase with a herbal concoction. I will post the details of this later. It might be useful for others considering this route.
On the great news side of things - I had a PET scan recently and 18months post the first op I have been given a clean bill of health. Early detection, early intervention, a positive outlook and all the help I can get from ye guys.
Thanks again.

Looking at the stars in Galway