Thanks everyone for your experiences and insights!
So far, my research has served to confirm that the treatment my dad is getting is the best available.The hospital is Lakeland Medical Center
in St.Joseph Mich. We've been happy with all the doctors and have had all our questions answered satisfactorily.Concerning the ethyol,my father had a long talk with the RO and did alot of research before he made his decision. We are all hoping he can endure the side effects long enough for the drug to have a significant effect.According to the RO,ALL the salivary glands will be affected as they will be be treating both sides of the neck and I assume the jaw also.Thanks for all detailed information concerning the ethyol Gail, It will be very helpful!Thanks for your insights on the benefits of research JAM.Your comment on managing ones schedule by anticipating problems was particularily helpful.Thanks again everyone for your support.
I am now looking for information regarding trismus( losing mobility of the jaw due to radiation treatments). Any information would be most welcome.
Scott