Two weeks ago my father was diagnosed with scc on his left tonsil. He starts chemo & radiation on sept.17. The cancer hasn't spread anywhere and it was diagnosed early, so the prognosis is good. They will be using IMRT and chemo one week on and one week off a total of 5 times.They don't like to use amifostine as they feel it conflict with his treatmant regimen. My sisters, mothers and I are taking this all in rapid order. there are appts. with the oncology associates, his dentist, my sister has set up a website where she can post updates on the treatment and his condition,I am doing research on scc(thank God for this site) and reviewing anything related to his treatment. The worst part of this is is making decisions as we educate ourselves about his condition. We learn something new everyday and hope it is enough to make an informed decision. This message board has been a great source of info;knowing that others have been where we are going and have been treated successfully has been a great solace