Shelagh,
You know I am writing you this, first hoping that all is well, then secondly, I was reading over your original posting and noticed the doctors comments of " this thing is going to kill you". Over the weekend, I was speaking with my family and talking about my hospital stay. During my time at the hospital, my family was there 24 hours a day. I was asking them "why did someone stay with me everyday & night" and my brother told me the doctors said to them, blantantly " He'll probably "expire" before his teeth come out".

I had no idea that he had said that. I find it very offensive for a doctor or for any person to try and dictate to me my life span. They are not GOD. They can look at symptoms and make conclusions, but they certainly cannot say, who is going to live or die.

When I was looking at your post tonight, it just upset me that they say things that they really don't know for sure. They attempt to put fear in the hearts of our family members, who in turn transfers that fear into us, the patient. We don't need fear, we need hope. I encourage you to treat your sister with love and care, as you always have. But put no certaninty in the "man's" words of the lifespan of your sister. Again only God determines who lives or dies. And the doctors ought to be more humble and use a better choice of words. With Love & Compassion. Cooldown!!!!