I'm glad your sister is doing somewhat better. I recently joined this site myself and found it very helpful. I was diagnosed with squamous cell cancer in the mouth about a year or so ago and I didn't get treatment immediately. I started treatment this Sept or Oct and at first I could eat soft foods. Now I CAN'T eat at all. I, for the last two months, have drank all my foods. I don't even consider potatoes because they are the dryest and worse to swallow. I, like your sister, did not want a tube but was told if I didn't put on weight it would be most necessary.

Since October, I have blended 3 eggs (70 cal ea0 in olive oil (120 cal/teaspn), instant oatmeal (different flavors @ 130-150 cals), Nepro nutriental drink (475 cal), carnation instant brkfast (220 cal w/cup of milk). EVERYDAY. I dont taste much, but its easy to drink and has lots of calories. I'm waiting to eat solids again.

Snacks is four scoops of vanilla icecream (180 cal/2 scoops), two packs of instant breakfast (220 cal/pack w/milk) and Nepro nutriental drink (475 cals.

Lunch/Dinner is always large cans of Progressive Soup blended (300-350 cals)

I'm not tired of it yet because it adds up to lots of calories and I'm gaining weight and people are commenting on how good I look. It feels good and I didn't have to get a peg or tube in my belly.

I am and will continue to pray for your sister because it sounds like shes in a tough spot. I encourage you to stay on her though. Reminding her that this is a fight for her life and that you love her and want to spend lots of more years with her. My youngest brother has been a TREMENDOUS help to me. Words can't even explain, its as if the disease was his and it has help me so much.

My prayers are with and for you. I believe God is listening to not only me but He also sees your heart and care for your sister. He'll answer. So you be encourage as well.