Dear Minniea and Nanci
Thank you for your recipies and advice. I've passed them on to my sister and hopefully she'll try them out when she's feeling up to it. She was about to try some cauliflower cheese when I spoke to her yesterday, but wasn't holding out too much hope of being able to taste it. I just can't imagine what it's like - being unable to taste anything - and this has certainly made me appreciate everything I eat. To be honest, I don't think she can be bothered preparing turnip, carrots, etc. when she's on her own - but even if she manages to open a tin of 'good' soup, at least she's getting some goodness from the stock and veg. She's been a bit tired and fed-up this week-end and is still waiting to hear from the hospital dentist about going in for the first couple of extractions. She never thought she'd be looking forward to a dental visit so much!
If she's having trouble eating now, I don't know how she's going to get on when she has no teeth. The doc said they would try to get some kind of plate made up, but her mouth is in such a mess that I doubt very much she could manage to wear one. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Thank you again for all your help and concern.
Shelagh