Amy,
My sister isn't on any anti-depressants at the moment. We did mention them to one of her doctors a few weeks ago, but he seemed a bit reluctant to prescribe them. I visited her again yesterday and we had a really good chat about the 'old days' when we were growing up. It really cheered her up - and we seem to be making up for lost time, when we weren't really that close. One of her cheeks looked really swollen yesterday - but she's developed thrush in her mouth and it may be the infection that's aggravating the internal tissue. I don't know. She was prescribed an anti-biotic last Thursday, but didn't get it from the chemist until Tuesday (her local chemist had 'run out'). So I don't think the delay in starting the medicine has done her any good. She's also on a high dose of steroids again, just for one week, together with loads of painkillers.
She wasn't 'down' yesterday - in fact we were able to discuss her not being here with a laugh. But, as I've said before, it's like a rollercoaster - one minute laughing, the next crying. Our other sister died 8 years ago, so we believe that she's watching over us.
I do hope you and your husband are managing to have some good times also - and share happy memories.
Best wishes,
Shelagh