Marie, Gary is quite right that people ary widely inn terms of how hard they find the radiation and chemo. My philosophy was hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

So as Amy said, make sure you call in every favor owed you and put every person who asks to help to work so that you do not need to be the one taking care of other things during your treatment. If you have never made it all about you before, this is a battle where it is definitely all about you. Remember that (I think it's often harder for women to do that because so many other people rely on them). I'm not saying to neglect your family when you feel up to being with them, just remember that for this couple of months the first (and it may become the only) thing you need to do is fight your cancer battle.

As for being scared, we all were at the point you're at and most of us still are from time to time anyway. Feel free to talk about that here if you need to.

I have gotten tons of good information and great support through this forum. I hope you find it equally helpful.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"