Hi Marie;
and welcome to the forum. It's ok to be scared shitless - we all were (and I still am every now & then). Don't to too concerned about what might or might not happen in the future. Your experience may be very mild compared to others as we all respond differently to treatment.

I had a right tonsil, advanced staging as well and only had radiation and chemo and 3 1/2+ years later I am still here and doing well. The worst part of the fatique, if it hits you, will be roughly from mid treatment to 2-3 months post treatment. As others have suggested you will need a support system. If you can stay on top of fluid and nutrition requirements then you may be able to shorten the time a little bit. I met with a nutritionist weekly.

It was probably already in your lymph nodes and they missed it. If you can find access to a comprehensive cancer center I would highly recommend it. There are several of them in So.Cal. Here is a link to the NCI recognized cancer centers:
http://www3.cancer.gov/cancercenters/centerslist.html

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)