Christine, yes, I did ok with the rice, but I knew about the sticking. I tried some canned salmon last night and just couldn't. Not because of pain so much as it wouldn't go down, but seemed to lodge in the larynx. I gave up. Did all right with broccoli cheese soup. The broccoli pieces were small. I have to get more diligent about calorie counting. I don't know what I'm getting. I've been finishing the day with ice cream. That piles them up. Nutritionist recommended grazing and I that's what I do. She had VA send me a couple of cases of Glucerna and I have 2 cans a day at least. RO suggested putting it in my smoothies,

As to the chemo; at least the first round was nearly symptom free. I took the meds over the 2 days following. No nausea at all. I had a few spasms and the hiccups. I didn;t bother with the Ondansetron after those 2 days. Didn't need. I'm off shortly for hydration. Round 2 of Cisplatin will be June 14. We'll see if that tolerance holds up. 12 of 33 rads as of today. The throat is protesting. I don't want to overdo the swizzle, but little else helps. Still, feels like I'm getting through this pretty well.

Last edited by TrevorL; 06-07-2017 04:52 AM.

Age 70
FNA biopsy March 2017
Dx SCC BOT Size T2, stage 3 April 2017
RAD started May 22
Chemo began May 24, Getting 3 rounds of Cisplatin