Two weeks in and I have to say I feel fortunate. I assume it's a result of my previous good health that side effects have been so minimal. After the first chemo on Wednesday 5/24, I took the anti-nausea meds as directed for following 2 days (Thursday and Friday). I had a supply of all 3 standing by, but took none since I didn't feel I needed any. Other than the few spasms, hiccups and belching, the Cisplatin didn't seem to bother me. I'm detecting a bit of blurry vision. Otherwise fine. Radiation effects are building, but also seem less than what I've been told to expect. Of course, I'm aware that many of you have mentioned week 3 as when it gets rougher. Mostly I'm feeling continued soreness in my jawbone. RAD is focused in that area. Just in the last 2 days, though, the tastebuds seem to have rolled over and died. Depressing when water tastes lousy. Still, I know these are small complaints. Still, feeling better than I've expected to sure helps bolster my attitude. So does the fact that the mass seems to be shrinking considerably. The RO checked last Monday and agreed it was smaller and softer. Treatment is working and well. Rounding the first turn in this horserace and picking up steam.

Age 70
FNA biopsy March 2017
Dx SCC BOT Size T2, stage 3 April 2017
RAD started May 22
Chemo began May 24, Getting 3 rounds of Cisplatin