Tammy-
thank you for sharing your and your husband journey with this. It really helps to read from your perspective as a RN. It feels similar to what I see is happening around me. I suppose that is just the trust he has but also the trust in my understanding of the medical aspect... something the PA I work with noted is that it is an unspoken dilemma for people in medicine to actually be on the other side, either themselves or for their family. Unfortunately we don't often get the benefit of not knowing things .. at times, in the most respectful way to use the word, he said .."ignorance does have it's value at times."

I appreciate the hopefulness of your reply and the encouragement. What joy for you and your husband to be survivors and the gift you give back here to those in the same situation. I really am grateful for your touching base with me. thank you whole heartedly.

MrsW
Wife, RN and CG to husband 55 yo diagnosed with tonsillar /lymph nodes SCC HPV+ 11/9/16- PEG and Power Port 12/9/16. Treatment started 12/27 Cisplatin x7 and RAD x35 on 12/28/16. Trismus had gotten worse!