hello all...
I posted last night in the midst of tears...
today, will try to be introductory.
my husband is 55, newly diagnosed with tonsillar HPV . two lymph nodes. So far, tumor board meets on Thursday. Surgery via robotics was deemed not an option . They are going to determine if surgery.neck dissection is. My husband is leaning on not wanting surgery, I can't say I blame him but I know we don't have all the info yet. I don't even know the staging .. heard the MD mention in it but it is a blur. I am a RN so I do attend to information but that seemed to skim over me.

the reality of all this sunk in big time for us both yesterday after the ENT onco surgeon apt.... sunk in hard and deep. Fear, unknown, worry, worry, loss, sadness.... and so much else just overwhelmed me. My dear husband.. just says... he wishes it was over, and how he just doesn't want to be sick.
I have read some posts here and so much is inspiring and testament to human will and kindness.. and yet so much just leaves me more frightened, and worried. Sigh.

Alas... bless you all, thank you for sharing and caring. this is such a scary path... there is much here that hopefully will help him and I.

Mrs W

MrsW
Wife, RN and CG to husband 55 yo diagnosed with tonsillar /lymph nodes SCC HPV+ 11/9/16- PEG and Power Port 12/9/16. Treatment started 12/27 Cisplatin x7 and RAD x35 on 12/28/16. Trismus had gotten worse!