Bob, I'm sorry that you didn't get the news you were hoping for. Your post reminded me of the time when the doctor told us about John's lung metastases and how devastated I felt. That was one and a half years ago. Since then, I have learned not to see it as a "fight" against cancer as it is in no way an equal fight. It is something that I have learned to live with and take a step at a time. I don't look at the "big picture," I fix my eyes on the next step I have to take, and then the next, and the next. John has found seeing a therapist helps too.

I don't know if all this will help give you some comfort or help you to see a way forward. It is tough and I know that different people have different ways of coping with it. I just hope to share my experience with you.

All the very best, my friend.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.