Sorry to hear that you have the phlegm/mucous problem. Something I haven't really experienced. Hope the surgeon can throw some light on it or give you some treatment when you see him.

I feel a tiny twinge of envy about the beard. My chin scar which was meant to be "barely perceptible" after a year has become a deep grove.

It's really hard without full support from a partner. I've had cancer 4 times and after the first biggie, my husband seemed to withdraw into himself. He was still there to do basic chores like drive me to treatment or make me a cup of tea, but he didn't take any interest in the medical detail and was sort of distant. I knew he wouldn't be able to cope with it.

Don't let depression get hold of you. Tell the doctor. You seem to be doing well overall.

I wish you well!!!

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.