I struggle when they start to talk about "quality of life issues". Like you haven't had to adjust and do what you had to do for the last 12 years. Get rid of the dang cancer - apply some of the newer treatment options (radiation seeds perhaps?) and let you adjust and move on with your life. I think sometimes doctors do not give patients enough credit for being able to accept altered life situations. I know of someone from the Board who no longer posts - she has gone on to live her life - but she had a full glossectomy, found a way to take food orally and went back to work and her life. Hugs as you go through this - know we are with you.

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)