[quote=Connie Cruz]Thank you Bart. So happy to hear your treatment has been effective! How are you feeling? [/quote]

Hi Connie,

First, thank you very much for the kind words in your message over in my intro thread, and please forgive me for not responding there and then.

I hate to talk about how I'm feeling at any given time because I always look at physical stuff as what it is, transient. It can be great, or it can be lousy, but whatever it is, it will surely pass and be replaced by another, different feeling.

But you asked and deserve an answer as you are family. At the moment, I feel like I am extremely constipated (although, ironically, my condition with a blocked bowel is diametrically opposite - I stay close to the bathroom) because I take such massive amounts of laxatives (4-6 servings of Miralax (polypropylene glycol) and 4 Ducolax daily, it keeps my gut full of liquid. This has been the story for the past 4 months and will be for probably the next 4 to 6, depending on how the rads affect the situation.

But focus on what I said initially, this is just something to wade through, and when I get through it, it'll all be behind me and no longer an issue.

Mentally, I'm fine (that's my story anyway; and I'm stickin' to it!) My "horse" is uncomfortable but I'm just fine!

Bart

[edit: typo]

Last edited by Bart; 06-14-2014 11:45 AM.

My intro: http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbt...3644#Post163644

09/09 - Dx OC Stg IV
10/09 - Chemo/3 Cisplatin, 40 rad
11/09 - PET CLEAN
07/11 - Dx Stage IV C. (Liver)
06/12 - PET CLEAN
09/12 - PET Dist Met (Liver)
04/13 - PET CLEAN
06/13 - PET Dist Met (Liver + 1 lymph node)
10/13 - PET - Xeloda ineffective
11/13 - Liver packed w/ SIRI-Spheres
02/14 - PET - Siri-Spheres effective, 4cm tumor in lymph-node
03/15 - Begin 15 Rads
03/24 - Final Rad! Woot!
7/27/14 Bart passed away. RIP!