I'm new to this forum, never been on one, would have preferred never to be on this topic. Don't mean to insult anyone just going through the hardest situation in my life. My Dad was diagnosed December 2012. Had 35 radiation treatments, 1 round of chemo spread over 2 days. The initial tumor is no longer there, which is great, but another started in the back of his throat palate area. Surgeon says its inoperable and gave him 3 months to live in Mexico. I have wanted him to get help in the US but my Dad said treatment was same everywhere. Now, I have convinced him to come to the US. I have an appointment at Northside Hospital Cancer Institute in Georgia and I'm trying to get him another at MD Anderson in Houston. Anyone on here give me any recommendations? What should I be asking doctors? I don't think he has had a PET scan done only MRI's and the last one came back clear, all his bloodwork is normal. He has 2 large holes that appeared and are getting larger in the back of his throat, it's so scary, I'm crying everyday & to top it off I'm 6 months pregnant. Don't know how to cope with this!

Caregiver along with my mother to my Father
SCC 12/2012 age 63
25 rad end 2/2013
10 rad end 7/2013
9/19 recur. Stage IV
not a candidate for surgery
more chemo 10/2013
Clear PET 01/2014
cancer back on PET 04/2014
not operable MET to nose
at a NCCN
35 Rad start 06/23/14