Hi everyone. Just a quick update, I got home from the hospital today and am doing ok. They said they were able to get clear margins on my tongue so that's a good thing. Hopefully will get results back on my nodes this coming Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who calmed me down about the anesthesia. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be and my anesthesiologist saved me from having a sore throat (besides the obvious referred pain). Random side note: he was VERY attractive as were the fellows on my surgeons team. I'm pretty sure I was flirting with some of them at one point smile. Guess the calming drugs worked pretty quick!

Still in some pain as would be expected. I keep getting headaches from the pain meds so that's been a little tough to manage. Hopefully the time frame will go as experienced by many of you and next week will be much better. At least this part is over with.

3/2014: 25, no risk factors (nonsmoker, rare drinker, HPV negative) SCC right lateral tongue, T1N0M0 - well-differentiated; surgery - removal of tumor, salivary gland + neck dissection
11/2017 - ovarian torsion
12/2018 - basal cell skin cancer