Ahh, the date of your surgery IS interesting and important. I start RT the day after and will think of you:) I know what it's like to be a worry wart ...

I keep thinking about the concept of "positive thinking" and how it can be a glib and facile term. But the simple notion of taking things step by step, one day at a time and enjoying the moment is valuable and kind of doable. It seems strange to get advice for living from "Breaking Bad" (haven't seen it all yet) but I keep thinking of Saul the lawyer and his "PMA": "positive mental attitude".

Not long till you graduate! Do you have to sit exams? What was your previous major?

And I do wish you luck. Take all the painkillers they offer. They won't want you to be in pain and there's no need to be.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.