Thank you Susan, I will ask them about the frozen sections. And thank you to you and Christine for giving me more info about the PET scan.

My head is still swimming. This is a lot of information to digest in a week! I'm sure you can all empathize. I keep thinking "is this real life right now?" Yes, yes it is...

As irrational as this may sound, my biggest fear about the upcoming surgery, whenever that may be (hopefully will know by Tuesday) is being intubated. How long is your throat sore afterwards? After my biopsy I had the worst referred ear/throat pain I have ever had, mostly because my tongue rubs against my back molar every time I try to swallow. I must be a wuss when it comes to pain because that was worse than my broken arm and it was only the biopsy. I am worried about having a sore throat on top of the referred pain. I know the doctors can give me liquid pain killers but what if I can't even get that down? Also, one of the doctors suggested using donor tissue to stitch over the wound to make a biological band aid. Has anyone had this done? Does it help? I am still praying that is the extent of what I need. Why can't Tuesday come faster?

Again, not sure if I should post the above questions in a separate thread or not, but I hope I can get some insight. I apologize if I sound a little panicked right now. I don't know if I am handling this quite as well as I had thought.

3/2014: 25, no risk factors (nonsmoker, rare drinker, HPV negative) SCC right lateral tongue, T1N0M0 - well-differentiated; surgery - removal of tumor, salivary gland + neck dissection
11/2017 - ovarian torsion
12/2018 - basal cell skin cancer