Hi Kimberly... Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I've been recovering from the surgery and not doing so much. I have a hubby, two teenage girls, a dog, cat and two horses!

The way it worked for me was the Doctor booked the surgery presuming that the CT would be negative, and then about 10 days after the CT scan, she called to tell me that the lymph nodes were larger than they should be. They weren't conclusive, but enough for her to recommend the neck dissection. So, I ended up with a different surgery date, a couple of weeks later.

It feels very much like I am just a little cog in a machine - found out from my GP that the CT scan on my chest was clear (THANK GOD!) but tomorrow I will find out the pathology results from the surgery.

I know what you mean, it is such a huge sucker punch to deal with. So out of the blue and unexpected... and don't feel bad about the 5-6 weeks, I had something on my tongue for a freakin' YEAR! And, like an idiot, just figured it was stress related and ignored it.

Fingers crossed that it's just localized to your tongue and it'll be a small surgery and you'll be done!

Lisa

Age 48, Rabid non-smoker, Mom, horse lover
Diagnosed SCC Feb 11/14
CT Scan showed three larger than normal lymph nodes
Partial Gloss & SND Mar 25, 2014
Nodes Clear/ 3mm margin / RADs recommended
Began RADs May 20, 2014 (30 in total) ENDED June 30th