Update time again. Did treatment in late august and early January. Also saw surgeon in late December.

Doc said he was amazed at the appearance and softness of the scar tissue and he's prepared to recommend this to other patients.

My experience has been positive. I had pretty significant hard lump scar tissue on the left side from under my ear almost to my chin, and halfway down my neck. That is almost entirely gone now.

My mobility is improving. I can do full neck circles, and am almost back to full range of motion looking over each shoulder (about 90%). Tilting from side to side is about 80% (from about 0 immediately post surgery).

Tightness is getting better, mostly in terms of scope. It was from my chin to mid-breastbone, and now is from the underside of my chin to above the collarbone.

I am one year into the expected 2 years of treatment, and now down to 1 of the 2 lasers (CO2 laser only now).

As I am allergic to local anesthetic I do this without any freezing, so it is painful in parts, especially as my nerve regeneration has progressed, but I believe it is worth it.

There's the update folks.

Tina
Diag: Aug. 13/12
T3N0M0
50% + glossectomy and bilateral radical neck dissection, removal of nodes zones I - V
Surgery October 11/12
Chemo/rad on hold due to clear margins and nodes
Sept 21/13 clear CT with anomaly thought to be the artery, being watched closely.
Dec 16/13 - anomaly confirmed artery, all clear
nickname: "get 'r done"
Plans: kick cancer's butt