Tina,
Yes, keep posting updates on this. Very interesting. I'll have to ask UCSF on this and if could help me. I've been radiated though so we'll see what they say. I have a very stiff neck from my recent surgery and I have to take pain meds in order to move more freely.

Christine- I've received Botox a month ago from the head/neck plastic surgeon and it's been a God send. But I needed it for my chin because it kept involuntarily twitching and it was getting worse. We don't know if it's from surgery or radiation but doesn't matter. So the Botox is used differently than what Tina/Cheryl May need it for but it does work on oral cancer survivors. It was my head/neck plastic surgeon that administered it and suggested it and my ENT concurred.

Age 44. Diagnosed at 34 (2006) with T1N0 SCC tongue on right side. Neck dissed & 6 weeks Radiation. 30% tongue removed. Never smoked;
2nd recurrence 1/2013 on left side. Surgery to remove 2/2013 forearm flap/neck dissec T1N0; brachytherapy 4/2013;
3rd recurrence 11/2015 mandibulectomy for jaw bone cancer Stage IV/no lymph node involvement