Ok, so laser update time...

I will be doing my next round of laser in a few weeks. In the meantime, I have seen a reduction in the lymphedema in my neck. It seems to have been stuck for a couple of months on the left side, but has recently softened up.

The scarring looks pretty good - it's not raised, and most people don't even notice it, which is good.

The tightness is still present, but feels less like someone is actively choking me, and more like I'm wearing a turtleneck that is too tight. It has also migrated to the sides rather than the middle of the front of my neck.

While I still can't feel the skin itself, I have sensation under the skin, which is increasing as well.

They are also treating the wrist. Last time I had no pain, this time - whew, it was not pleasant as I am getting more feeling in the wrist, especially around the outside margins of the scar. To be fair, I am allergic to local freezing agents, which they usually use, so I just have to put up with it, whereas everyone else can get frozen (yep, I get fillings at the dentist with no freezing too, lucky me).

It's hard to say whether the improvements are due to the passage of time, or the laser treatment, but I think the laser is helping as I see improvements after the treatments.

Will keep you all posted after the next round.

Tina
Diag: Aug. 13/12
T3N0M0
50% + glossectomy and bilateral radical neck dissection, removal of nodes zones I - V
Surgery October 11/12
Chemo/rad on hold due to clear margins and nodes
Sept 21/13 clear CT with anomaly thought to be the artery, being watched closely.
Dec 16/13 - anomaly confirmed artery, all clear
nickname: "get 'r done"
Plans: kick cancer's butt