That is an interesting question that I don't know the answer too. Did the HPV reside only in the cancerous tissue that was removed.

Even if some tumor was still present and the rest of the tumor was killed by radiation and or chemo, does that mean the virus was also killed. I think viruses are among the must durable things on the planet, so I would have a tendency to think no, it's still present.

Now as for your frisky wife. I think you have probably had the virus long before you developed cancer. So, that means your wife was likely exposed to it long ago. Will she get cancer from it, or will she be a member of the large majority that clears it normally via her immune system ... who knows.

Since she has in all likelihood already been exposed, what's the use of closing the henhouse door after the wolf has already eaten the chickens. I remember one other guy on this forum who has been HPV positive for like 25+ years and maintained a normal sex life with his wife (including oral) for all those years and she has never developed oral cancer. All that proves is that she is likely a member of the clear it normally majority -or- that in her case the virus has an incredibly long gestation period.

I wish I could give a definitive answer, it will be interesting to see what others have to say.

Tony

Last edited by n74tg; 01-07-2014 07:27 PM.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good