Stacey, the OCF forum is anonymous, unless you specifically post identifying info. I checked your profile and didnt see anything there at all that was identifying. Many people move on to be friends with others outside of the forum while others dont and keep this part of their lives private.

I think you would find greater success by asking your family doctor and/or pediatrician to discuss the shot with you. My family doctor is very knowledgeable about the Guardisil shot and vaccinated both of my children. Maybe the physicians you are asking dont understand the part the HPV vaccine plays in helping patients to avoid not just HPV+ OC but also cervical cancer as well. Given the responses they gave you, I would seriously wonder about their qualifications. I would also be surprised if these doctors were affiliated with a major CCC considering their lack of knowledge. I am shocked that 4 doctors know nothing of HPV/the shots and or even how Australia made it mandatory for all children to be vaccinated with the HPV shots as part of their required shots like MMR.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma