With all the recent talk about HPV, Sex, has me all hot and bothered lol. I do have some questions, some which I have theory, knowledge about, but I still can't answer properly. These questions may have been discussed previously, but haven't seen much discussion about.

1. If someone already has HPV-16 related cancer, like many here, are they still at risk for developing another cancer from a different high risk HPV type strain, like HPV-18, they were not previously exposed to, if exposed later in life, under the right environment, immune system, or are they immune therefter from all high risk HPV strains?

2. Similary, is a person with HPV-16 oral cancer, still at risk for another HPV-16 cancer in other areas, being it's a systemic disease, like the anogeninital area, and vice versa, from chronic exposure to HPV, compromised immune system brought out from being dormant under the right environment in that area.

3. Also, the same with current HPV-16 cancer, once resolved, even if not resolved is there risk of developing cancer again (not talking mets) same oropharyngeal area that is not associated with the first cancer from chronic exposre to HPV-16, a little like "field of cancerization" from smoking, again, under the right environment. I guess could be classified as second primary, even to diffirent area than the first, lets say you have right tonsil, next can you develop the left tonsil under the perfect storm or are you again immune to HPV-16 cancer again.

4. Related to question #3, even Metachrounous or synchronous HPV-16 related cancer, which is usually related to smoking, exposure of carcinogens to the aerodigestive tract, but guess some HPV lung involvement may fit under this since some go there, not talking Mets.

Brian Hill has explained it. Thanks. Maybe I can repost.

Last edited by PaulB; 06-04-2013 08:50 AM. Reason: Brian Hill

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI