I disagree w/ Lady re "it doesn't matter where you get the TX". IMO it matters a lot. Knowing WHAT the Tx will be and knowing HOW to administer it are as different as knowing what to do to fix your car and knowing how to do it. Designing the correct radiation plan and making sure it is followed can make a huge difference in life altering side effects. Moffitt gave me the option of being treated in St Pete, way closer to my home, but after talking to Moffitt's Dr Trotti, a leader in IMRT technology, I decided to make the 90 round trip miles every day for 7 weeks and I'm glad I did. Remember this is ONLY 7 weeks out of your entire life. Why take a chance with your body and the rest of your life? Go with the best and minimize your risk.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.