I understand money is a big concern but this is something everyone needs to accept cant be rushed. Nobody can put a price on this procedure and radiation saving her life. I cant imagine paying for something like this out of pocket. After all my surgeries Ive used way over a million dollars in medical care. Recovery cant be rushed, it will take months. I had complications and ended up taking a full year to recover from my mandibulectomy. She probably will require a feeding tube right thru until a couple months post radiation. Without proper nutrition and hydration she will not heal and bounce back. This is even more important during radiation treatments.

Your medical terminology is fine! We are not doctors or professionals so its easy to understand how you explain things. Ive lost the same amount of my lower jaw bone. Its a very large section! Pain could be a factor for a very long time.

Glad to hear Joyce is hanging in there and making good progress. Hope she keeps her spirits up as she still has a long road ahead of her. Best wishes!!!

Last edited by ChristineB; 10-20-2012 08:06 PM.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma