Taxol will likely cause hairloss - sorry to say it. Radiation depending on the location of the beam will also cause hairloss - it'll grow back in quickly though - my friend has had 3 different chemos so far and they're switching her to a new one - each time she loses her hair. The last one was taxol... And yup... She lost it... But it was back two months later. - little sprouts - short hair looks good on her. I know hair seems like nothing compared to everything we're going through but despite the fact that it seems frivolous - to a lot of women It does have meaning, for me it was a sign to everyone - I'm sick... not something I wanted to advertise - don't get me wrong - I didn't want to hide it - but it's all about normalcy.

Hugs - i know its not something to look forward to. I'll pray you have extra strong follicles smile

Last edited by Cheryld; 08-24-2012 08:37 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan