Hi Kerri

Re work - I think I came through the treatment pretty well on the whole, and haven't been too tired. I went back to work (pretty much a desk job) part time 5 months post treatment. I did feel well enough to go back sooner, but I took everyones advice, including my medical team, to not rush it and as I was struggling to get my calorie intake high enough I wanted to be able to have time to concentrate on feeding myself. I am lucky that I was not under pressure from my work to go back sooner, other than being on half pay. I also don't have children to cope with.

So my advice to you is to take as much time for yourself as you are able before rushing back to work, espically as it is physical work (I used to be a nurse so I know how hard PTs work). I could probably have coped with a short course a couple of weeks into treatment but I actually felt a great relief on the day that I finished work, that I did not have to worry about it and I could concentrate on myself. Also you may find that the topic may be close too for comfort.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts.
Sally

Dx 10/11 51yrs LBOT Stage 4 2nodes HPV16+. Non-smoker mod alcohol.
10/11 Induction chemox2 (Docetaxel, 5-Flu, Cisplatin) then Cisplatinx2 IMRTx30. Ended 01/13/12.
12/07/11 RIG. RIG removed 05/05/12.
4/12 CT scan clear. Visual scope checks clear as of 10/13. Learning to live with eating challenges.