Actually didn't get out that Monday. They wanted to keep me longer and now is almost week later. I'm pretty sure this time I'm getting out next Monday. This stay is longer than the one after surgery.

The good news is everything is healing well and they have taken me off all antibiotics because the infection stopped quite a few days ago. They also stop the packing in the floor of the mouth, and there is only a tiny bit under the chin.

Just saw Dr. Irish, the surgeon and he was happy with the progress of everything. He wasn't concerned with the infection because it hasn't impacted the timing of radiation. He will book an appt with Dr. Bayley, the radiation oncologist, for me to plan the radiation. Chemo is of the table, which is good.

Found out that the hospital has a lodge for chemo and radiation patients during treatments for out of town patients. Since we live an hour away, I qualify. The cost is low and I will save a ton of time and energy and not having to get someone to drive. Great solution all around!

Joseph 59 male
pain in tongue strt 2/10/12, Dx SCC 3/19/12, confirmed Stg IV 4/5/12,
Total Glsctmy & recon w/ flap from L thigh, neck disct, trach 4/27/12
G-Tube 5/1/12
55 nodes all clear
completed 2 chemo 33 rad
non-smoker, non-drinker, exercise daily, mostly vegetarian diet...go figure